Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Saturday, March 20, 2010

My New Phone

Duff's phone just didn't work anymore.  It has been on the blink for several months, and we have put off getting new ones, limping it along for as much as we could get out of it.  I don't know why--we've been eligible for new phones for two years now.  Just our nature, I guess.
We went to the Sprint store.  The employee greeted and helped us.  I noticed I wasn't feeling well.  It started on the drive to the store.  While she was getting everything set up and changing our plan to save us a heap of money, I walked around the store and had an internal conversation with myself.  I guess I don't like change very much.  At least change like this.  For me, my cell phone is a close intimate friend.  I had a hard time changing 4 years ago too.  I finally have my pink Katana figured all out without hesitating.  I love this pink phone.  It is PINK.  A soft, pretty pink.  C'mon!
But the blackberries were on sale for $40 and it was buy one get one free.  I chose red.  I like red; it's close to pink right?  Black was not an option.  Gets lost in the bottom of my purse.
So now I am being pushed to learn some more new technology.  If I hadn't been blogging,  my computer skills would be seriously lacking and I would have never been brave enough to try this new phone, since it very much works like a computer.
After she transferred all my data to the blackberry, there was no turning back.  Poor pink Katana.  I'm gonna keep it in my sock drawer.

3 comments:

Crystal & Brandon said...

sister duffy i totally feel ya!!!! i had to go through that a couple months ago. i loved my old ghetto phone and i had to get all used to this new high tech one!!! im still trying to get it all down! good luck! you'll end up loving the new one just as much as your pink katana :)

Shelly said...

So long Pink Katana...Welcome to the sock drawer! The socks will now have company. It's not totally gone or forgotten. Red Flame (aka new phone) will be awesome for you because red is a power color for a lady like you.
Love you and miss you!
Shelly, Sheri, and Tiffany : )

bBchronicles said...

Write and tell me HOW you like your blackberry - mine is dying and I'm going to have to replace soon! Yes, I too bond with objects - so true!!! Don't tell anyone.