Saturday evening, Auntie Tia was kneeling on the floor next to Uncle Bob in the bed. He was on his left side, which is opposite of the way he always slept on his right side. So he was facing her and she was holding his left hand. They were quiet and just there together. He was very, very sick and dying. She told him she loved him. He opened his eyes, and with all the strength he could muster, he lifted up his right arm and put it around her on the floor and said, "I love you, too" just as cognitively as if the devil dementia was no longer there. And then he closed his eyes, put his arm back under the covers and slipped back.
What a Gift.
4 comments:
Thanks for sharing this. They do have the tender love story, the happily ever after. They are such shining examples to all of us!
Such a special memormy. I love them so much. I miss him much more.
That is SUPER SWEET and tender.
Reminds me of my dad when he was dying - he would whisper "I love you" to my mom constantly - he had NO strength to even talk other than that!
This will be moment that daddy and I will tresure as we were their and witnessed this. It touched my heart so much that I had to leave the room so anutie Tia would not see me crying. It was their last special moment together before his passing.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment