This morning was Parent's Day at Seminary. So dark and early we were up to get ready. Oooo. I'm not naturally a morning person, but did okay. I was make-up'd and hair done too.
Christine has a really wonderful teacher and assistant to help with scripture mastery. We are so thankful for their sacrifice to prepare and teach so early every morning! Where we live, it is a stake calling, not part of the church's paid CES program and the high school kids attend in the early morning hours before school, not during the day as in other areas as part of a time release agreement with the schools.
She meets this year in the primary room with the large chairs set up in a U shape. I liked it. There is a good feeling in her classroom. They are studying the Doctrine and Covenants and Church History.
The teacher asked for a volunteer to help conduct. I thought he meant the lead the song. But it was to conduct the class/lesson, one part of which was to lead the opening song. They have these cool rhymes for the reference and clue for the scripture mastery scriptures! They were really fun. I think I just might use those too!
I looked around the room and it was fun to see my friends there so dark and early too supporting their high school sophomores. We're all in this together.
What a great way to start the day!

1 comment:
Wish I could have made it - but with Todd working graveyard & not getting home until 0800, it was me doing the kid duty at home to get the other little bodies to school. Oh well, maybe next time. It is a great way to start the day !!!
Post a Comment