Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Rain Or Shine

Our beloved Cougars had a much needed win today.  It sounds so cliche:  rebuilding.  Even to me;  I don't care for that term.  It kind of sounds like an 'excuse' or something.  But we are obviously not doing well.  I don't know that letting the defensive coordinator go was the right answer, unless the issues run deeper, which has been eluded to.  How can it be a defensive problem when we have receivers who can't seem to hang on to the ball?  Especially in the end zone....  That being said.
Fans can be so fair-weathered.  I am  not one of those.  Rain or shine, win or lose, I love the BYU Cougars.
It's not just football--although I love college football.  BYU is close to my heart.
Maybe it's because I went to school there.  I still need to graduate.  Maybe it's because I met my hubby there, had our first two kids while he was finishing school.  We were so young and so poor and so naive and so happy!  Maybe it's the Y on the mountain.  Maybe it's because it was my first real experience living away from home where I gained some independence and learned a lot of life lessons when I was 18.  Maybe it's because I love that cheesy cougar growl when they get a first down.  Maybe it's because when I was growing up we lived so far away from anything 'church headquarter' related that we treasured anything that connected us to it.  It was like an anchor.  Being connected to school and our religion together of which we were clearly a minority.  It was something to be so proud of.  And we were.
Keep it up Cougars.  I'm still cheering for ya!

(We had a great ward progressive dinner.  It was a build your own burrito/taco bar.  We were assigned to Brad Arrington's.  That guy had all his Halloween decorations out and it was really cool.  Great to visit with everyone and then we all met next door for dessert.)

No comments: