Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Friday, September 28, 2007

Grocery Shopping Cart


I went this afternoon and did my weekly grocery shopping. For years I've kept a paper taped to the inside of a certain kitchen cupboard door and the family knows that if they need something from the store, they need to get it on that list during the week. Then I take it down, turn it over, plan out a weekly menu, and add what I need for that on the other side. This keeps me on track and I only have to shop once a week.

While I was shopping today I thought about my cart. I divide it up. I put all the dry goods on one side, all the cold things on the other. Breads go in the seat area, and I get the produce last and it goes on the top of everything else. When I get to the check stand, I unload it the same way: all the cold things together, dry goods together, produce together, etc. That way it all goes in the bags with like items, which for me makes it easier to put away.

This TOTALLY drives my husband and sister, Lisa, CRAZY. The last time I was in Phoenix at Lisa's and we went to the store, she saw me doing that and she came over and messed up my cart on purpose! It just doesn't make sense to me to not have it organized! She just tosses everything in jumbled up (to me) but that makes perfect sense to her.

So, let me hear from some of you: How is Your Shopping Cart?

1 comment:

Meredith said...

i'm an inbetweener. i shop by section, put it in the cart however it fits, then take it out by section. and now that i've written it out it makes no sense that i don't put it in the car by section. hahah. but thats the way my mom does it too!