Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Friday, September 14, 2007

Misc.

Well, it's 10:40pm and I'm trying to stay awake while I'm waiting for Christine to come home from babysitting. She is at the Green's tonight. Tomorrow she will tend at the Carron's. She probably won't be home until around mid-night tonight. I have always been more of a night person. I like the quiet and stillness at night and I get a lot done then. Duff is the opposite. He can't stay asleep past 6am for anything and can fall asleep in 10 seconds, but tonight I'm having kind of a hard time staying up. Maybe it's because it's starting to get dark so much earlier these days.

The 'newly' engaged couple is downstairs watching tv, and I'm also trying to stay awake to 'discreetly' chaperone. They are a cute couple. Adrianne and I worked on the wedding reception arrangements some more today. She has picked her colors: black with baby blue with accents of silver and white. VERY pretty for a winter wedding. Bridesmaids dresses very darling. Good for all body types and one that can be worn again. My sister, Sue, will do the flowers. She came down from Utah and did them for Josh and Mere's wedding and they were ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! Even the photographer wanted to know who did the flowers because he said they were some of the BEST he's ever seen and he sees a lot of them. She sure has a talent for that and it is 'just' one of her hobbies. So they will be perfect and of course, reasonable!

Gwen will come from Arizona and help do all the food. She is so good at that. Adrianne has her folder of wedding gown pictures and we are calling Patti tomorrow to set up an evening next week to show her and see if she is available to make it. (Patti is Meredith's mom who is a fantastic seamstress. She made Mere's gown and it was breathtaking. She also made the patterns and helped my mom with my bridesmaid dresses when I got married......) So things are moving along.

When Duff got home from work and found out Chris was booked for the evening, he suggested we go out for dinner. "You betcha!" was my answer. We went to Wood Ranch. It was delish, as Rachael Ray would say. He got BBQ ribs and I got the BBQ chicken. So yummy. They give you so much we have dinner for tomorrow too!

I got 9 more pages done in Shaun's scouting scrapbook today. It is almost there! This has been 1/2 finished for 3 years now. I have been trying to finish all my unfinished projects since I've been home from Utah. I am motivated because I have Christmas presents I need to finish for the upcoming holidays. I am more of a subject scrapbooker than a chronological scrapbooker.

Christine and I were driving home from soccer practice and she looked over at me and declared: "Mom, you realize that in two months I will be an official teenager!" (13). Okay, yes I realized that. But the next part really caught me off guard: "And two years from now I will have my learners permit and can drive." Now I'm NOT prepared for that. That makes me feel old, and I'm really not old yet. (Even though some days I may feel like I'm getting a tad-bit older...)

We've been praying for Taylor today. He is my cousin's son. They rushed him to American Fork hospital yesterday and they couldn't do anything for him and had him taken up to Primary Children's Hospital. He is having a lot of stomach pain and they can't find out why, only that he is bleeding. We are pretty spread out on my mom's side of the family, but have a good communication 'tree' to get the word out on things like this. I'm in charge of the temples in California and called today and had his name added to all the prayer rolls. We hope the doctors have some answers in the morning.

Whiff, whiff. OH! Adrianne just pulled a peach pie from the oven she made for Mike. I think I will have to go down and have a bite. Just what I DON'T need at 11pm. The smell is so 'fallish'. I may have to look into making an apple crisp on Sunday! Well, this will help me stay awake for a while longer!

Sleep tight.

No comments: