
Early release day for Christine yesterday for Back To School Night. So she was home by 1pm. Mary Carpenter gave her a ride home and she was thrilled she didn't have to go on the bus and do the safety drills. Mary and I have too much fun talking and two hours later she and her kids left. Oh what I didn't get done, but what a nice break to catch up.
She did homework and then off to piano lessons. I did some handwork in the car while I was waiting--gotta get a jump on those Christmas presents! and I am famous for leaving everything until the last minute and then over stressing out, get sick, etc. So each year I am getting a little better. Notice I did not say I conquered it all at once. Just a little each year better at organizing.
Since it was just the 3 of us last night, we decided to go to get Sushi. We have a couple of places that we really love close by. It helps that Christine loves it! Most kids can't stand the thought of it, but she is so adventurous about it. She is not quite as brave as her dad, but way braver than me. We had a great Rainbow Roll, Crunchy Shrimp Roll, and Spicy Lobster Roll, along with fabulous tempura and our favorite edamame. We all navigate the chopsticks fairly well, but Duff is the best.
The funny thing is that 2 years ago Natalie's roommates gave her a pink and black beta fish for her birthday. She named him Sushi! No kidding, he looks like it because of his color. side note: Nats didn't take him back with her this fall because she was too afraid he wouldn't make the car trip for the umpteenth time. So I am now grandma to a beta fish. He loves me though and just does loop-di-loops when I come down in the morning to feed him. We laugh that one day he just may be on the plate!
We got home and Mike and Adrianne were there and Christine started telling them how she was home early from school and Mike asked why, and she and I both looked at each other with WIDE eyes because in our enjoyment of sushi by the lake, we totally forgot all about Back To School Night! Yep, we missed it completely. Oh well, it IS our 5th seventh grader.
Hopefully we know something about 7th grade by this time!
No comments:
Post a Comment