Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Friday, January 18, 2008

Adrianne and The Temple

NEWPORT BEACH, CALIFORNIA TEMPLE

Tonight we spent in the temple with Adrianne as she went through to receive her own endowment. It was peaceful and beautiful. A wonderful spirit and feeling. She was glowing inspite of being VERY sick with a horrible cold and cough. She ended up staying home from work today so she could 'rest up' before going to the temple and that was a wise decision.

We went to dinner before at Wood Ranch BBQ and Grill. It was great, except I got sick 1/2 way through dinner with a stomach thing. My mom had been sick with a stomach flu 'bug' the day before and still wasn't feeling very good and now it was my turn. I couldn't believe this was happening! I prayed so hard that the Lord would bless me to rally so I could attend the temple. My mom couldn't make it and ended up going back to our house to bed, but I decided to 'try' it. I think I prayed the whole way there! I wasn't the greatest, but made it through and it was wonderful.

CONGRATULATIONS, ADRIANNE!

(Attended: Ward Davis, Lisa Tucker, Cindy Duffy, Don Duffy, Mike Duffy, Josh Duffy, Meredith Duffy, Shaun Duffy, Gwen Evans, Jeaneen Duffy, Diana Robertson, Liz (Adrianne's grandma). )

1 comment:

Lisa Tucker said...

I loved that eveing! I always have wonderful experiences happened to me the last 2 times I have gone to the Newport Temple. I was in awe to walk in and see Baptizms for the dead happening and than knowing what I would be doing for the deceased as well was overwhelming for me. To see the Temple the full action was very special to me.