Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Surprise Party for Bob Evans--5-0!

We hosted a surprise party for Bob Evans's 50th birthday party. We've been friends with Gwen and Bob since Gwen and I met working on the campaign for Steve Nissle when he ran for office at BYU in the mid 1970's. Yeah, a LONG time ago! Boy was he surprised!

Bob wearing his 'bestest' birthday present: a BYU hoodie. Of course, with Duff in his BYU hoodie in the game room.


Keifer, Miles, and Matt playing pool in the game room. (keifer is one of Bob's sons, and Miles, and Matt are nephews.)


Natalie and Lauren Evans Bullock. Nats and Lauren were born just a few weeks apart.


Keifer in the kitchen making his 'famous' salsa. It is soooo delicious, he should sell it. For real!


The Evans Family: Top-Bottom: Gwen, Justin and Bob, Keifer and Trevor (Lauren's hubby) and Lauren.

Bob with nephew Malachi on his lap getting ready to blow out the candles.


Opening up his favorite present. He'd been wanting one of these, especially since the bowl game victory.


Gwen prepared a feast. Albondigas soup (she'll post the recipe soon!), turkey noodle soup, relish plate, fruit salad, shrimp, chips, crackers, and dips. Lots of Bob's family were there to surprise him.


Bob's mom, LaRita. Ironically, she was the nurse-midwife that worked with the OB/GYN that I went to when I lived in Utah and had Mike and Josh. She took care of me on many visits and helped to deliver the boys. Who would've known that her son would marry Gwen???


Shaun, Bob, and Meredith at dinner. It was a fun night. It was 11pm before we looked at the clock and realized how late it was and they still all had to get down the mountain!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB. The 50's aren't so bad!



3 comments:

Kristin said...

tell bob its not so bad turning 50 i did it last year and iam still ok . well off to bed happy new year everyone . love to all clint.

gwen and bob said...

Thanks, again Cindy! The party was fun! I will post the soup recipe once I get home. I want to see the pictures you took!

Cindy said...

Yes, it was. And I can't wait for the recipe!