Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Thursday, January 31, 2008

GRANDMA DUFFY PASSES AWAY!

We got a call this morning from Grandma and Grandpa Davis in Arizona that Grandma Duffy has died.

She and Uncle Jack were staying with them while they were visiting Deidre and her new baby and participating in his blessing on Sunday.

Grandma Sigie went in to the guest room to say good morning and Grandma Duffy didn't respond--which isn't necessarily a big deal because her apnea condensor was on and that is a bit noisy. So she walked around the side of the bed and tried to wake her up by moving her arm and she was gone. Grandma Sigie called for Grandpa and he ran down the hall and confirmed she was dead. They called 911 and Auntie and she sped over. The paramedics said she had been dead for quite some time, and they estimate that she probably passed shortly after she went to bed.

The medical examiner has just arrived and they are doing what they need to do and then will take her body.

That is all I know for now. I'll post again later.

3 comments:

Berta said...

Oh my goodness - my thoughts are with you. Pretty tramatic for your mom and dad. I remember the feeling as we found my dad was gone when we checked on him. I'm thinking of you today.

gwen and bob said...

I was so shocked!!! We had so much fun with her at the shower and I was so looking forward to seeing her here in AZ. She was in rare form as I shared the bedroom with her and Ward and Sig. She was so cute and asked me both days if I would do her hair (which I happily did). She also asked me to do her makeup before the shower and because I was still getting dressed, I told her to ask Lisa! She told Lisa and I she was bringing us a crocheted washcloths when she came to visit in AZ; she felt we just had to have one! I remember sitting outside in your backyard, getting a little sun, and just chatting with Jeannine. She would walk in and out of the house and talk about her days as a nurse. We giggled about the fact that she looked so much like my Aunt Jeannine who was also a nurse. I had told her I would bring a picture of my aunt to the wedding so she could see her twin! I remember having a distinct feeling at the shower as she was telling her funny stories, that someone should be recording this because she seemed to be in rare form andwas having such a good time. I was so looking forward to seeing her again but our Heavenly Father had different plans. May you all feel the peace of having such a good woman as your mother and grandmother!! Know of our love for you all and our prayers are with you!!

Cindy said...

Thank You, BOTH. It's so interesting--I've been so preoccupied with other things these days, and something like this just jerks your perspective right back into place. I appreciate your love and thoughts. You're the BEST!!