Tonight we went to the South Coast Reperatory Theater in Costa Mesa to see the play "A Christmas Carol". It was amazing. The same actor has played Scrooge for 29 years. He is very good at it. Film is a great entertainment medium but there is just something so very unique about theater.We went with some friends. Duff decided to stay home and continue to get better since he has finally turned a corner with this asthma/flu/bronchitis thing. So it was Christine and I with the Kleins. True to form, I got car sick on the way up. I should have taken the Dramamine before we left. Bumper to bumper traffic will do it every time. Even in the front seat. So by the time we got to Jerry's Deli for our dinner, I was not well. I did order, but the smells coming from the kitchen weren't helping things. And I LOVE a good old-fashioned deli. It brings out the German in me from my childhood.
A trip to the restroom brought 'relief'. One always feels soooo much better after that. I was able to eat half my meal and the brisk walk from Jerry's to the Theater did the trick. Plus, the Dramamine I took after the fact to help settle my tummy kicked in.
We had a wonderful evening and it was a great way to begin the Christmas Season. Dicken's story is a classic uplift and motivator.
3 comments:
So lucky! I've seen it there a few times & love it! I'm trying to get Alan to make a family tradition of going every year, but he's not buying it. :(
"A Christmas Carol" is a great story. We have taken the kids to see it at Hale Center Theatre a couple of times and we all love it. I just advise you to not see the movie that Disney put out. Pretty dark. Boo to Disney. They totally missed the beauty in the story.
Remember when we used to go with Mom and Dad at that little theater in Pasadena? I used to love that! You crack me up with your car sick. Next you will need to drive. Glad you felt better!
Post a Comment