Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Monday, December 21, 2009

Grandma Goodies

Meredith and I headed down the canyon to do a bunch of errands today. But we got them all done and were 'spent' by the time we were done. So the 3 guys took the holiday grocery list and did the 'divide and conquer' in the market. In the meantime, we gals took care of the baby (such a 'chore'...), started laundry and got organized.

Did you know that there are goodies for Grandma's? And they are more fun to buy than when it was for your own kiddos. Why is that?! I bought our first Pack 'n Play, a swing, and baby monitor for the cabin. It was a lot of fun, I have to admit. It was good I had Mere with me, because with all her nanny experience she was invaluable in helping me choose. The swing came in a travel version for 1/2 the price of a full size one, and we went with that. Only difference is that is is lower to the ground and folds up to just about nothing. Meredith was very patient with my methodical process of elimination, and I'm very happy with our choices.

When we got home, Papa Duff started assembling. It's been a long time since he's had to put together something at Christmas time! and it was with excitement now and not with sleep deprivation and a Christmas morning deadline. Again, Meredith was the assistant assembler. Thank goodness!

We had sweet and sour chicken--Mere's recipe--and it was delish. I will post the how-to next. It is a great fast, go to dish, and SOOOO easy!

I should be wrapping, but I'm not. I'll regret that come the 24th......

No comments: