Starting last Monday when I landed, the snow dumped and dumped. It got worse as we got closer to Midway/Heber. Shaun spun out at the corner of River Rd and the 40. I screamed, but he recovered and we didn't end up in the Provo river!
I even figured out how to use the 4wd and 4wd low on the truck and drove in what I consider a blizzard down Provo canyon and back up that day and night! There was only 1 lane and very few vechicles. The fastest you dared to drive was 10-15 mph. Maybe 20 mph in just a couple of places. You could not see any pavement at all. We followed each other single file with about 50 yards between each car. A 30 minute drive took me over an hour. I didn't realize how bad the weather really was until some of the locals here told me they had cancelled appointments and plans in order to not have to go out in it.
It has been VERY cold. This morning it was -13 at 8am. Yesterday it was -16 when we woke up. It was -14 the day before. The highs have been in the single digits. We had a drain pipe freeze up on the north side of the deck and leak into the bunk room because the heat cord shorted out. All fixed now. More snow expected starting tonight through Monday. That means the temps will be going up some but not much. It sure is pretty, but I'm California spoiled with the warm weather. It is nice to come and have true winter in 'doses'. I wonder if I could do this for a whole season????? But then again, we do what we need to do wherever we live, right?
In the meantime, I'm enjoying it.
No comments:
Post a Comment