
Lots of miscellaneous things today to get ready to fly home tonight.
Took an afternoon trip down the canyon. When Duff, Mike, Josh, and Christine left on Sunday, none of us thought through the details of me staying for a few extra days. Duff forgot his briefcase, all his meds, and they left Darla with me. Which was fine EXCEPT I had no airline approved carrier for her. Down to Orem I went. Got the least expensive one I could find at Petsmart and would you believe, I like it better than the higher priced one we've been using all these years!
One thing about going down the canyon for errands: you get as much done as you can. So I dropped a bag off at Deseret Industries (love their drive-through!), and also stopped at Costco to pick up some Christmas presents. They had the best price for the items I've been looking for, and it reduces my shopping anxiety to be able to cross them off 'the list'.
Robert took me to the airport and I made it with plenty of time to spare. Everyone who had booked had checked in, so we boarded and left early! Loved that, and got in to Long Beach 25 minutes ahead of schedule. Duff and Christine picked me up and it was heaven to be with them.
Dorothy got it right: There's No Place Like Home.
No comments:
Post a Comment