Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Where Is Heaven?

I flew home last night. As Shaun and I came out of Parley's Canyon towards the airport you could see it. The next wave of winter storms. I LOVE them. Since I don't live them full time, I can say that, I guess! He dropped me off, we hugged, kissed, told each other we loved each other and I told him to skedaddle back to Midway to hopefully out run it before it started dumping. He did make it. But my flight was delayed almost an hour coming out of New York with some weather complications.

Drat. We had Friday night plans and I was anxious to get home. It was definitely a bumpy ride coming into Long Beach due to the rain they'd been having all week. Much needed rain. Mike and Adrianne came to pick me up which was a great surprise because I thought it would be my handsome hubby. When I got on the plane in SCL, Adrianne sent me a phone picture of Darla moping on the bonus room sofa. It was so funny, because I never get to see this since she only acts this way while I'm gone I'm told. She won't even eat for a day or two until she finally figures out I'm not coming back for a few days. They brought her with them and when she saw me and heard my voice she just about jumped out of the car into the rainy street! Mike grabbed her to thwart her determined efforts to get to me. Silly furry heart invading 6lb. bundle of unconditional love!

It rained hard on us and we had a delightful drive catching up. When we pulled in, the house was all lit up with Christmas. Christine was back and forth with Follow The Star, Seminary class party, and another birthday party for friends. So fun to see her enjoying a Friday night full of good teenage things to do. Josh and J.T. were here and Meredith soon came for a break from finals studying.

One of Dad's all time favorite primary songs is Where Is Heaven. It felt like that when I walked in the door. Just missing Shaun, Nats, Rob, and baby John.

No comments: