Adrianne and I put the Dicken's Village up on the piano today after church. And the nativity is in it's place on the dining room table. I think I've mentioned this before, but I love the contrast of the formal and the rustic. To me it says nothing is as important as the birth of the baby Jesus. We had the Christmas music playing and Christine sat in the living room wrapped in a fleece blanket working on AP Euro homework with Darla cozied up by her side.
Adrianne was playing Christmas songs on the piano and then I joined her and we did some holiday duets. It was fun and we enjoyed deciding who would play primo or secondo! We decided to work on a particular piece to perform for the family program on Christmas Eve. Practice. Practice!
We had our monthly family dinner and FHE. We watched the First Presidency Christmas Devotional together. When it started, the kids were busy in the kitchen cleaning up dinner and it was a warm moment to see them enjoying each other and working together. The music was beautiful and the messages touched my heart.
Christine went to her first Laurel class today. The Bishop presented her with her Mia Maid certificate in sacrament meeting. Hard to believe she is 16 now.

No comments:
Post a Comment