(Scroll down and turn off my Christmas music so you can view this video. This is the Newport Beach temple. It is the temple we sacrificed so much to have so close to us. Enjoy.) It's Christmas time. You know what that means. Busy, busy. For me today it ended up being a whole day of visiting teaching and going to the temple. I thought I would feel all stressed out, but I felt a calmness and peace.
As I drove to one sister's home, she met me frantically on the sidewalk before I even got to her driveway. Her little boy was missing. She climbed in my car and we went on every street in her neighborhood calling and looking for him. A nice man who was working on holiday decorations in his yard went to the fields and horse stables to look for us. We did find him finally. He took his bike and went to the park. He is only 6. I had stayed calm during the whole ordeal because I needed to for his mom to keep it together, but I have to tell you, the adrenaline rush took it out of me. As she was putting him in time-out, I sat in the living room and composed myself.
Next to a sister who lives with chronic pain from a skiing accident 20 years ago. You would never know it because she just keeps going, but it's been difficult lately.
The next whose husband is #2 on the heart transplant list. They are ready to go at any time and I will get the dog and take him to the boarders at a moment's notice.
Enough time to get the carpool and get home to get ready for the temple. We did sealings. A sweet experience. In the last month, we have been able to participate in all the temple experiences. I have found myself thinking about how they all fit together. It really is pretty complete.
No comments:
Post a Comment