It's the 1st day of December. I wrote it on a check this afternoon! And I'm so excited. Christmas is around the corner. I've been cleaning up and putting the 'autumn' things away and getting ready to put Christmas out this weekend. My shopping is almost done--don't hate me, it's the first time ever I've been this far ahead--, and so far I'm feeling calm and unstressed. (Did I just jinx it?)
The first party of the season was tonight. Christine's at Young Women. Their annual dinner and gift exchange. The 'white elephant' gift wrapped three times and passed around. When the music stops you open which one you have. The music starts again and when it stops it gets unwrapped another time. The third time you get to keep the white elephant. Then the 'good' gift to whose name you drew.
Saturday is our annual neighborhood party. I even already have the gift for the exchange! A really cute snowflake pillow. I might just have to pick my own present when it's my turn. Is that bad?
Our weather is cold and dry. Typical for us in December. I'm using lotion and chapstick like crazy.
Here we go!

No comments:
Post a Comment