Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Friday, December 10, 2010

Ward Christmas Party 2010

Our ward adult Christmas party was tonight.
Leigh and Kenney hosted it at their event center, the Dove Canyon Courtyard. 
(this is the same place Mike and Adrianne had their wedding reception)
It is cozy and beautiful.

 Welcome to the ward party!
It was a potluck soup and salad bar with lots of rolls and cornbread.
We also had hot chocolate and hot apple cider with all the fixings.

 The centerpieces for the tables were made by the activities committee chair with candles from ikea.  It sure was sparkly, which made the mood quite festive.

 Luminarias were all over.  I love these!  Every year I say I'm going to do them and then never do.  I really need to.

 It was a beautiful evening for it.  Cool by our California standards, but not cold.  The canopy is up for the winter events and the heaters did feel good.  We all dressed warmly too.

There was lots of relaxing visiting and catching up that doesn't get to happen in the hallways at church.  Then we had a sweet program with some readings by the bishopric with us singing carols inbetween.  I thought during it how good we all sounded.  Maybe it was the intimate setting.  I'm sure we don't sound like that in the chapel on Sunday!  Haha.
Adrianne is on the activities committee.  Our ward has been blessed with some really talented people over the years for our activities.  At the end, the Bishop announced that they were all released, per the new handbook of instructions that just came out last month.
THANK YOU TO ALL ON THE COMMITTEE, tonight and in years previous.
Good job!

No comments: