Something To Think About:
Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.
--Hiam Ginott
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.
--Hiam Ginott
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Mother's Day
~~Today was a very nice, but low-key day.
~~I'd been up during the night with Darla. If she could just keep some food down. She is so hungry. We make her something, she licks her chops while she smells it cooking, and as soon as we take it to her she sniffs it so eager and then looks up at you and turns her head. It is the most frustrating feeling.
~~Josh and Meredith came over and made breakfast for me. Scrumptious belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. It is their turn this year to spend it with her family, and it meant a lot that they wanted to come and do breakfast for me in the morning.
~~The family made a delicious steak and baked potato dinner with some brocolli. Mike did his bacon wrapped scallops and shrimp.
~~It was a quiet day. I went to Sacrament Meeting with the kids while Duff stayed home with the dog, and then I came home so he could go over, but he didn't after all. We sat and got to talk and visit alone which we don't get to do very often with our full house. He brought me some pretty flowers yesterday and they look really pretty on the kitchen table.
~~Josh and Mere and Mike and Adrianne gave me the cutest framed saying. I love this 'subway' art.
~~I am finally almost completely over this bad cold, and it's nice to have some energy back and feel better.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE WOMEN IN MY LIFE. Married, single, mother or not, you have shaped my life in every way and I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment