Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Monday, May 23, 2011

Taste Buds

I've been thinking about taste buds lately.

How some change and some don't.  For instance:  When I was growing up the only birthday cake I would even consider was angel food or white cake.  Now all I crave for my birthday is German Chocolate.  I hated (not a strong word in this instance) that cake when I was growing up.  Pecans (any nut for that matter) and coconut?  Not if it was the last food on the planet!  Now, I must have frosting for each bite of the slice.  How does that happen?  I love every nut now, except for walnuts because they give me cankers, and can't get enough coconut.  Love coconut cream pie and coconut cake.



And onions.  Still to this day, I cannot eat a raw onion.  Not on a burger, in a salad.  I love them grilled, caramelized, I cook endlessly with them, love the aroma (especially paired with garlic), but raw, forget it!  I can't figure it out.  Maybe it's the oozing juice, the crunch.  Can't do it.  Tried, but just can't.  I'll get sick.  Weird, huh.

No comments: