This is the Corn Wagon Quilt shop.
It is in Springville, Utah.
I have heard a lot about it and this was my first opportunity to go to it.
Duff and Christine were gracious enough to go there after we picked Chris up from lax camp. I know she was anxious to get home and shower, and I appreciate them being good sports to go with me.
They stayed in the car and napped with all the windows open under the shade of a big tree, and I ventured in. I wanted to get some baby receiving blanket kits. I usually get them or order them from another company and I wanted to see what CWQuilts had.
When I first walked in it was kind of like the first time I ever walked into TaiPan. I just had to stand there for a minute and take it all in. A little overwhelming. But a good overwhelming. ONE day, it is my dream to get into quilting. (right now I just feel like I have too many other big unfinished projects to get done. Like some family history stuff nagging at me....)
They had the nicest staff. Walked me to just what I was there for and answered all my questions. It was really fun to think of all the possiblilites!
After I selected my purchases, I walked through the whole store. My problem is I want one of everything! It just speaks to me. I got lots of great ideas logged away!
On our way home, Christine got a text from Taylor and they were at the beach at Deer Creek. We drove as fast as we dared and met up with Jennifer and Taylor and Jonah, and Leslie and Attysen. That was a fun surprise! Didn't know Leslie was down from Idaho. By this time it was early evening and the temps had cooled off. We had a quick but good visit under the trees. The kids got to catch up, which was good. Taylor has just finished his last chemo treatment and is getting ready for radiation. His doctors are very encouraged for a positive outcome at the end of August when it is done. What a blessing because at the beginning of the year things did not look like they would end well with this nasty cancer.
We headed off to start cleaning so we can leave in the morning and they headed home. Leslie was going back to Idaho tomorrow also.

No comments:
Post a Comment