Adrianne very kindly traded laundry days with me so I could wash today and not leave anything dirty pin the hampers. I went to a bridal shower for Lacie G. this morning. It was nice. She got good things to start their life with. She is a cute one. The brunch was delicious and beautifully laid out.
Christine's friends have been coming by today (and earlier in the week also) bringing her surgery care kits. Things to occupy her time in the days and weeks after her operation. She has been out everyday and night getting in lots of sociality before we get into the next month!
She seems to be strong and ready for this and I seem to be getting more nervous and anxious. My stomach isn't quite right and I have headaches. I know it is all stress and I'm working really hard at not letting her see it. My main worries are vomiting and being able to feed her adequately. The doctor told us she will lose a lot of weight and I have to monitor that. She doesn't have a lot to lose in the first place.
Will I be able to use the oral feeding catheter the right way? Will I be able to make things that she can tolerate? like? be able to be healthy enough yet thin enough to go through the tube? And just how does one 'be sick' when your mouth is wired together?
Duff and the boys gave her a blessing tonight. I will have Duff give me one when we get to Utah. I've been praying about it and don't get long-lasting relief from my worries. As I've been pondering about that I've wondered if this will be one of those situations that I need to help me increase my faith. Usually these things don't bother me, but for some reason it really is this time.
We are all packed. The car is ready to go. I've carefully put books and craft projects together to do in the next weeks while I sit and tend to her. I feel good about leaving home in the capable hands of the older kids. Not only are they able to take care of things, but will learn a lot doing it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment