Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Thursday, September 22, 2011

I'm In Arizona.


I stayed up until 2am doing laundry this morning and then got on a plane at 9am, which means I had to leave my house at 7:15am and get in a shower and pack before that.  Not much sleep.  I did get a little shut eye on the flight.

Lisa and Natalie and John picked me up from the airport.  Oh!  That little guy is so darling.  We went to get some 'nuggets' on the way to Oma and Opa's house.  He loves chicken nuggets and I was happy to oblige.  We have been skyping lately and it sure helps for him to know who I am long distance.

I am in Arizona helping get everything ready for my dad's 80th birthday party celebration that we are hosting for him on Saturday.  Cleaning and prepping, shopping and setting up are on the agenda for the next 2 days. Plus getting in all the gramma time I can.

1 comment:

Lisa Kowallis said...

What an exciting time for your family especially your sweet Dad. Have a great time with lots of love, laughter and memories. Tell you Mom how beautiful her blankets are. Just an FYI, Matt (Dave's son) and his wife, Chelsea had a healthy baby girl last Sunday in Utah. Her name is Adylin Grace Birk. Mom & baby are doing well. Matt is so happy. Just knowing that my brother Dave saw her before we did makes it special.

Love ya,
Lisa