I went to the eye doctor today. It's been about 4-5 years. I waited too long. My vision is fine, the prescription hasn't changed much. That was good.
But I do have a pinguecula. I first noticed it in August while I was in Utah. Bottom line, it is an eye callous. From rubbing my eye. My allergies were driving me crazy. I rubbed and rubbed. I also don't wear my sunglasses like I should and another cause of an eye callous is exposure to wind, dust, and ultraviolet light. It is like any other callous. You get it from repeated rubbing.
What I learned at my appointment is that it will never go away. And the only time they remove it is if it covers the cornea and iris and blocks vision. Hopefully I've caught it in time before that! Treatment consists of keeping my eyes moist with Systane artificial tears, and Zaditor allergy drops twice a day. And wear sunglasses whenever I am outside or driving. Who knew?
I will say this: the drops are like a miracle. The process of easing into a dry/allergy eye condition happened so slowly that I didn't recognize it was going on. I just thought I needed to get a new mascara, or wash my makeup brushes more often. Haha! My eyes actually feel so good and I forgot what 'normal' felt like.

No comments:
Post a Comment