Adrianne and I headed over to Target early. I had a few things to cross off my shopping list. Don't you just LOVE to put that line through those things on a list?! Adrianne needed to exchange a shirt. She is making the cutest pillow cases out of XXL tshirts for her nieces and nephews for Christmas. Since we were on the early side, it wasn't crowded at all, and we got done what we needed to AND some fun browsing and looking and a few extra things made it into our cart. Haha! It was festive and exciting and it seemed that everyone was in a holiday mood. People were wishing each other Merry Christmas on each aisle. We loved it.
Best find of the day: A dancing santa sock monkey that sings Jingle Bells! Complete with a monkey screech. It generated the best belly endorphin laugh in both of us and a lot of other customers. One gal put one in her cart too and is giving it tonight for the white elephant/gag gift at a party she is going to.
Busy, busy house today. Boxes in and out of the garage. Josh and Gidget came by while Meredith and her mom went to register at Babies R Us. Then they stopped over and picked up Christine for a trip to the mall. Phone kept ringing. BYU basketball game played. I got a new bag for church and transferred all my things over. Now I need a new one for Primary stuff. There is a lot of it and I need to have a separate one for those things. Did a little wrapping. And just finished preparing the primary lesson I'm doing for a teacher who is out of town tomorrow.
I like the quiet of the night and just sat for a while in the living room amidst all the decorations and lights and candles. It's the best relaxer-thingy that I like to do this time of year. Some soft carols going on the ipod dock....some simple thinking. It keeps the perspective.
No comments:
Post a Comment