Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Storm and Blessings.

Holy Moly it has been chilly.  And then all of a sudden this afternoon it got even colder and then started raining hard.  I was folding some laundry in the family room and catching up on a couple of dvrd shows of mine and I heard what I thought was some scrapping next door.  It sounded like the large garbage cans being dragged roughly across the sideyard.  Then I remembered that they keep their garbage cans on the other side of the house by their gate.  I dismissed it.

A few minutes later--kaboom!  Yep.  It was thunder and lightening.  That was the loud dragging sound I had heard before.  I was waiting for them to cancel lacrosse practice, but never got the call.  So Chrissy went and came back in an hour because, yes, it was dancing all over the field and canyon and the coach sent them home.  Can you just imagine lacrosse sticks in the air during a thunder storm.  No, don't actually.  Bad images.

I got the kitchen and family room all clean, dusted, vacuumed, and mopped.  That always feels so good.  Duff and Mike and I made another trip over to the storage unit.  We brought back a load of boxed things and got them on the shelves.  Got rid of a few more things.  When I sat down later tonight and was crocheting on the baby blankets, I thought about how stressful getting ready for Christmas and shutting all that down and going through things in there is.  There is a lot of emotion tied up with some things in those boxes.  Each a memory of some part of our lives.  Some are easier to part with than others. Yet, I don't feel a lot of pressure like I normally would.  I concluded that I am being blessed.  I felt grateful.  Maybe some of it is my getting older and hopefully a bit wiser, but it feels like more than that.  And maybe because it's Christmastime my perspective is more Christ focused so it is more recognizable.

No comments: