Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

--Brett came by to look at a project he is going to be helping me with.  We measured and he gave me some good pointers when I go to buy the wood.  He will cut everything and make pilot holes.

--The wind has finally settled down, but it is still cold.  I have forgotten to mention that it was so fierce last week that it shredded our awning over the bonus room window!  Really.  I have to call the company to have them come and remove the fabric and make a new one.  I need to take a picture, but it looks like the sails of a pirate ship.

--The parties are starting!  Christine and Adrianne each had their respective YW Christmas parties tonight.  Dinner, service project, and gift exchanges made for a festive night.  Christine liked the gift she was giving so much, she chose it discreetly from the pile, hoping no one would steal it in the game and she could have it for her own.  No.  Everyone wanted the thick, black crocheted headband with the bedazzled flower on it. Tomorrow she wants to go back to the store and get one for her own! haha!  She gave silly putty for the white elephant and she got a duct taped picture of Ryan Gosling for hers!  Too funny.

--Clam Chowder for dinner. Christmas preps continue to move ahead.  I have Christmas music playing non-stop these days.  It's hard to feel stress or be grumpy with that on.  Love, love, love this time of year!

--Christine needed a santa hat to wear to school in the morning and cookies baked for a special lunch with her Best Buddy.  Fortunately over the weekend we had leftover cookie dough and I rolled it all into balls and froze them.  It was nice at 10pm to just be able to pull those out and bake them up.  But I was still up too late.  I got a second wind about that time and decided to empty the dishwasher and do some crocheting.

No comments: