Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Weekend Wrapup.

Ward Conference for AC Ward.  Great conference.  I have enjoyed attending and training at these.  The messages are different for the make-up of each ward and I have noticed that.  Bishop Hess talked about wanting to be buried with a fork.  Huh?  Their ward had held two funerals last week and have some members in ICU.  It was a rough week for this ward family.  To him, after a dinner when the waiter says you can keep your fork, it means the best is yet to come!  Dessert.  And he tied that in to living and death and the gospel that the 'best' is yet to come.  I liked that analogy.

I got home from my meetings with two hours of alone time before my family got home from theirs.  I took advantage of it and got dinner in the oven and made a yellow cake with chocolate frosting.  Then I sat and read my scriptures and prayed for a while.  It was nice and quiet and felt good.

Next week I'm going to regroup from this past busy week and help Meredith get some frozen dinners in their freezer before the baby comes.  She is scheduled for the 8th, but I just have a feeling she won't last until then.

No comments: