
This is NOT my closet, but it gets the point across. I do much better when things are tidy. Unfortunately, life gets in the way and things get busy and get untidy!
I do laundry on Mondays and Thursdays. Yesterday inbetween loads as I was folding, hanging, and putting away, I got an urge to go through my clothes and get rid of what is old and what I haven't worn for a year or so. I decided I needed to be really honest with myself about what needed to 'go'. I ended up with 3 trash bags ready for D.I. Can you believe that? I went through shoes, purses, etc. This morning I had Duff go through his side of the closet. Another 3 trash bags. I reorganized the shelves, cleaned up everything on the floor back to it's 'place', vacummed all the corners, baseboards, etc.
WOW!!! Can I just say how good it looks, but even better how it feels? Why did I let it go so long that way when it didn't really take all that much time to get it ship-shape? It feels sooooo good to have things tidy, gone through and organized again. I keep walking in there just to look at it and feel that 'accomplishment' feeling all over again. I'll have to do more of this throughout the house after the wedding!
2 comments:
Cindy, oh how I would LOVE a clean closet. You have inspired me to do some serious organizing. I won't sleep tonight until it is SPOTLESS! Well lets not go that far.
HDW
Okay, Heather, we won't go that far! Keep me updated when you have a chance to start. How is the snow? It's so pretty!
Post a Comment