Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wet Weather Wednesday


Cold and rainy day today. It started out just chilly and a bit cloudy, but by the afternoon the wind had been blowing and the rain clouds came in and we had a pretty good storm going and it hasn't stopped. I have been so cold today and just can't seem to get warm! This is not such a bad thing...it's actually nice to feel 'cold' sometimes since I have been running 'hot' for the last several years!!! It feels good to be able to put on a sweatshirt and not have to stick my head in a freezer!!! (hahahaha!)
Christine called and wasn't feeling good, so I went and picked her up from school. She came home and got in her pj's and took a nap. I think she's coming down with what Adrianne has had, and we just had a crazy weekend so she is pretty over-tired.
We are supposed to have 7 straight days of some kind of rain. I'm excited for it! I love the rain, and we sure do need it!
Christine had her yearly interview with the Bishop tonight and then went to the Stake Beehive Night. She came home with a darling frame that she painted, did a service project for the children of the October fires, and learned the Cha-Cha-Slide!
(Had phone calls with mom, Lisa, and Sue. Actor, Heath Ledger, died yesterday. They don't know why yet. He was a good actor and I loved him in A Knight's Tale, and as Gabriel in The Patriot--TV version. He was only 28.)

3 comments:

Meg said...

UUUGGGGHHHH!!! I can't believe Meredith is STILL wearing my clothes! That green top she wore for the shower... MINE! And she's wearig it backwards!!!!!!!!

Cindy said...

She did tell us she had 'borrowed' it from you! You've got good taste. She decided she liked the cut-out lace in the front!

I have your wedding invitation here at the house. It got returned in the mail since you moved. Call me and we can arrange to get it to you. Are you getting settled at home???

Cindy said...

p.s. we missed you at the shower!