
Today I had a lot of errands to take care of. Lowe's, Willow Manor, Albertsons (for some case lot sales for food storage),and the bakery that did the wedding cake. I had to return the tiers and base.
I drove past a Weinerschnitzel restaurant. This made me SMILE. It used to be 'Der' Weinerschnitzel, but they have now dropped the 'Der'. When I was growing up, we had one on the corner up the street from us, and my mom would always take us there one on one for a chili/cheese dog to 'talk'. The hot dogs were only 33 cents back in the early 70's! I remember her picking through the change in her wallet that she had carefully saved. And we sat outside on the little round tables under an umbrella with the breeze from the beach blowing or in the car when it was cold. Looking back, we had some pretty good parent/child/teenager talks during those times and I didn't even realize it then! Smart mom, huh?
So I just had to pull in and get a chili/cheese dog for old times sake. Mmmm, it was GOOD and so were the memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment