Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Friday, February 15, 2008

The Honeymooners Are Home And The Gifts Are Opened!

Mike and Adrianne are home from their honeymoon. They stayed locally in Newport Beach and then down San Diego way at LaCosta! They went to Disneyland and Sea World and just had a great relaxing time. They came back today, and I put on a big pot of homemade chicken noodle soup for everyone for dinner. Christine and her friend, Addy, went back and forth to each other's houses today to 'hang out' for the day off from school. They helped me roll out some of Grandma Duffy's famous soft sugar cookies for the opening gifts party. (It seems like lately everything is a 'party'...) Christine is so interested in all things pertaining to the kitchen. At 13 she is becoming quite the cook! She is always asking if she can help or try to do this and that. I figure, why not! She's getting pretty good at knives too!
So here we all are: Grandma Sigie making hot fudge sauce for the ice cream and Christine, me and Addy frosting away. We decided on pastel pink and lavendar frosting for the different sized heart shaped cookies. Grandpa didn't get a shot of the finished products on the platters. Oh well! The dessert table looked fabulous though and we had 4 different flavors of ice cream, sauce, and valentine/love cookies in honor of the bride and groom.

Groom and Bride very pleased with their All-Clad slow cooker. Hey how did they get so lucky to get that? Can I trade my Rival for theirs? I've been married longer! hahaha....

Beautiful vase from Crate and Barrel that she had registered for.


A great oval platter. Always a good thing to have a few of.


Mike's turn. They switched off who got to read the card and who opened. Can you say P-Y-R-E-X? They registered for one set and got 5!!!!! Fortunately they can be returned, but how did the store not catch that??? I do want to mention though how nice they are these days. It's great how over time the improvements they make on products are so good. Nowadays Pyrex comes with soft rubber/plastic lids. Why didn't they think of that when I got married? It makes so much sense. No more foil or plastic wrap and you can stack them on top of each other in the frig if you need to!

I don't want to get married again--I'm very happy with my hubby--but I've been thinking lately how it would be really nice to have a 'shower' and get some updated things! What do you think?

(I took Grandpa to Target and we put the pictures from his camera on a disc. I chose a Kodak disc and the blasted thing won't let me load them to the computer unless it is in their program. So it is a bit complicated for me to identify what picture is what. Any hints from anyone how to make this more simple???? Well, maybe it's just a reflection of my not-to-savvy computer skills!!!!!)

6 comments:

Berta said...

GIFT CARDS, GIFT CARDS, GIFT CARDS! When will we learn!? HOW ARE YOU DOING? Have you recovered from everything? Email me or something and LET IT ALL OUT! haha. Maybe I'm the one that needs to email!
luv ya cuz.

Cindy said...

Thanks, Berta! Kinda recovered! I'm tired today. But moving forward. My parents came back yesterday and will stay a few more days. They need to rest TOO! Send me an email and SPILL all the details of your wedding. How are you recovering????

Meg said...

I want a "shower" too!!!!! Can I have one even though I'm not engaged???

Cindy said...

We could always call it a 'housewarming' shower????? How does that sound?

Angela said...

Cindy--as far as the Kodak disk from Target, I was there today and someone had the same problem where it wouldn't work with their computer...they just took it back and they put all of her pics on a different CD.

Cindy said...

Thanks Angie. I just may do that. I'm glad to know they will do that for their customers.