Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Water


I went to Enrichment Night tonight. It was our meeting for the quarter. They had a great mexican dinner and then we had Patti Preparedness fly on in in her cape and tights costume to get us all fired up about emergency preparedness. I have to say, it was really well thought out and cute.
Then we had 3 speakers from the ward talk to us: the first about water storage, the Bishop next on financial preparedness, and then a sister on Spiritual preparedness by studying the Joseph Smith RS lessons. It was so well done. I came home very inspired.
We have been good about our water storage, but it needs to be rotated. I did order some Aqua Liters that have a 5 year storage life for cars and portable drinking. I guess I better calendar a weekend soon to empty, clean, and refill our 55 gallon drums! The RS presidency's point was to at least START. You can only eat the preparedness elephant one bite at a time! We have a lot of storage that needs to be gone through. But we do have our 72 hour kits! Those were Christmas presents to each one of us a couple of years ago.
(journal: drizzly day. Doctors for Shaun. Laundry that didn't get done yesterday because of the holiday. Phone calls, piano lessons for Christine. Got the cause of death on the death certificates for Jeaneen: hypertensive cardiovascular disease. Got mom and dad off for the trip home to AZ. Worked on knitted cap.)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

You're so nice. I hope everyone enjoyed it. Thanks so much for coming.