Last Wednesday night we were guests of the Hobbins again for the annual Newport Beach/Balboa Island Boat Parade. They are part of the Bahia Corinthian Yacht Club. This year we all potlucked crock-pots of soups, bread bowls, salads, and desserts.
It was all delicious and perfect for an evening on the ocean. The weather was not as cold as it has been in other years, but it did still require a coat.
I was using my newish camera on the night setting but the water just kept rolling. The boats and houses in the bay were all lit up and decorated in their holiday best. It was brilliantly beautiful.
The snowman on the back of The Hobby.
One of the boats in front of us.
The people on the docks and beachfront clapped and waved as we went by and we all wished each other a Merry Christmas.It was a really good evening. I didn't take any pictures of our 'crew' and 'passengers' because I was so busy visiting and oohing and ahhing at the sights. We had Josh and Meredith with us this year, and they had a good time too. Lots of young couples that they had grown up with and now they are all married.
Thanks, Hobbins.
1 comment:
Ohhhhhhh, this makes me SO HOMESICK! We used to sing in this parade when I was going to high school - we'd float around in a boat and sing to the other boats and neighbors - oh what memories.
Post a Comment