Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Fa La La La La


Grandma and Grandpa left this morning. They are feeling better--not 100%--but Gpa was anxious to get home. I got sheets washed, blankets washed, beds made, cabin picked up and cleaned, and finished holiday decorating. So now I get to go home and do that all over again! I listened to Christmas music all day while I worked and it just set the mood magically.

I will admit that I am tired. I think it's just normal tired, and I'm hoping it's not leading to getting sick like everybody else has been.

I'm hoping for some snow by the time I get back next week for babysitting John during finals! Better me staying home with him than they taking him out every day to campus. Especially with all this seasonal and swine flu going around. Natalie's professors have been GREAT with her. They have rescheduled her tests and given her special compensations for just having a new baby.

Shaun's finals start next week too. I think we are all looking forward to Christmas vacation.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Where did you get your tree? It looks like a 9 ft pencil tree which is what we bought last year. I LOVE mine! We got it at Lowes and it is SO easy to put up - other than having to use a ladder to decorate it!

Lisa Tucker said...

It looks great! I like it in the corner! Perfect!

Cindy said...

It is 10' and the picture is deceiving because it isn't what is considered 'pencil' but it's not humongous either. It is a good 5' at the base. I got it at Taipan a couple of years ago. Yes, easy to put up and yes I have to use a ladder to decorate!