Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Thursday, December 17, 2009

To Facebook Or Not To Facebook...

...that is the question! Everyone keeps bugging me to sign up.

I just don't think I can bring myself to do it. I would spend way too much time on the computer. I spend enough time on it as it is doing blog posts.

What are the pros and cons?

Convince me.

5 comments:

bBchronicles said...

I LOVE IT but the 'secret' is NOT to spend much time doing it. As with ALL things it can become addicting - but "just say NO!" I LOVE reconnecting with people I grew up with, old friends that moved away and scattered all over the earth. In a few minutes each day, you can see what people are doing, birthdays (you can say a quick HAPPY BIRTHDAY and be on your way)! Most of my interaction (along with other) is about a sentence, a word, a LOL, just quick and you're on your way. But, the neat thing is you stay connected in a special way. JUST DON'T GET SUCKED INTO SPENDING TOO MUCH TIME. The one thing I absolutely won't do is "Tweet" - now, I think that's going too far (for me). Blogging and FBing is ALL I have time for.

Hope to see you there soon!!!!!! I'll be your FRIEND!

Angela said...

FACEBOOK! I have been able to reconnect with so many friends that otherwise I would probably never see again! At first I spent more time on there than I should, but now I hop on a couple times a day...usually morning and night...and I am on there for like 1to 2 minutes. A lot of people are addicted to it and games you can play like Farmville or Farmtown. I won't get on those because I hear they can take a lot of time, but some people like it. Anyway, I think it is fun...but like your friend said...don't get sucked into spending too much time.

Kristin said...

I tried it and just didn't see what the big deal is. Maybe because I really don't have a lot of friends to reconnect with. High school was not a fun time for me like it probably was for you so maybe that's why. I rarely go on FB anymore. Plus, the things that some people write are just dumb...they'll write "just got done eating dinner." Who cares? I think to find old friends and reconnect is great. But you also have to really look at who you approve as a friend otherwise your "wall" will be filled with junk everyday that you have to sort through. I'm with you...blogging is time-consuming enough...BUT...I feel it is far more valuable in the long run than FBing is.

Deidre said...

In a lot of ways facebook is easier than blogging. Ok a lot easier, though it lacks the "journaling" quality (maybe there is a facebook app for that?) I would say to do it even if you only go on once a week. I've even found you can sign yourself out of the instant chat so you don't really have to talk to people but can still get updates and post your own photos and man IT IS FAST! It seems many younger people will update facebook when they won't get into blogging. Friend me if you decide yes!

Deidre said...

But with that said it is a temping time sucking thing if you aren't careful!