we were woke up this morning at 5:15am by the police ringing and banging on our front door. We were told to wake everybody up in the house, gather our important things and be prepared to evacuate. The rain had compromised the hill in front of our house and there was a chance it would come down.
Duff woke up Mike and Adrianne down stairs, I went and got Shaun and Christine up. In that short amount of time, (literally 10 minutes or less, it felt like less) another officer came back to the house and told us to get out NOW. It was bedlam. As calm as we tried to be we were kind of panicking.
By the time we gathered just a few things we could think of and left, we could hardly drive out of the neighborhood. Our street was a muddy river with rocks, trees, mud, branches, boulders all over.
We are at Josh and Meredith's waiting.
1 comment:
You are in my thoughts and prayers. I've been thinking about your family and hoping you were safe. I'm so sorry you had to be evacuated and that your family is so impacted by these storms. Know that we are thinking of you. I'm sure this is highly traumatic.
Post a Comment