Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Danger

This is our 2nd year having an artificial Christmas tree.  (Or as my family calls it:  FAKE.  Say that with contempt and disdain and all things negative.)

I have loved it.  Not worrying about the water, the falling needles, having to take it down Christmas night or the day after because of safety.

Now I have discovered the danger of having an artificial tree:  keeping it up!  All of Christmas is down now except the tree.  I just don't want to gear up to tackle the job.  I tell myself everyday that today is the day.  And then I get into something else and talk myself out of it. 

I am still enjoying it's 'glow' of minilights.  I'm a sucker for those.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Our tree is still up too! Everything else is down and put away except that. I also love the lights. I still plug them in every day. Hopefully though Kurt will have time to help us take it down this week. :)

Kristin said...

Ours is still up, as is Lisa's! I LOVE the lights at night - AND - in the morning! I have ours on a timer so it comes on automatically every evening AND every morning while I'm getting ready for work. I LOVE that I get to enjoy it twice a day. It's the prettiest one I've done yet with this big tree and I just don't want to take it down! I did take the tree skirt off on Saturday though to try to inspire me to take it down, but it didn't work. I think I'll leave it up a little longer...maybe. Everything else is down so it kind of makes sense to take it down too. We have it on our chore list to clean the garage (FINALLY!) this weekend, so that will help with this task because we'll actually be able to finally put away all of the other stuff from last Christmas too!

Deidre said...

I nursed David by the lights of our artificial tree after he was born. We didn't decorate because we had just moved in but the tree made it up and was pre lit. It stayed up until February and we are in danger of doing the same thing this year. Such fond memories!