While he and Duff were gone, I went through the tupperware cupboard and got all the containers matched up with lids. Is it just me? Where do they go? I have lids without containers and containers without lids. Is this a phenomenon like lost socks in the washer and dryer?
I picked Duff up from work mid-day and we headed to the mall. He got me some new kitchen knives from Williams-Sonoma for Christmas and they came with a $140 gift voucher! So we got some lunch in the food court and shopped. WS is one of my all time favorite kitchen stores. I made a wish list before we went (that had WAY more on it than the voucher was for) and one of the very nice employees helped me decide the best use of my voucher.
I got: a fish spatula. I have wanted one FOREVER.
A new set of 10 nesting clear glass mixing bowls. My vintage 34 year old avocado and gold mixing bowls are dwindling. I only have 2 of the original 5 left.
The Emile Henry red ruffled pie plate. Oh, if you have never seen one they are SO fun!
And last but not least: a new 8" square gold non-stick brownie/cake pan. Now I think I would like to get another one because doesn't the idea of making a square layer cake sound darling and fun? I have a pretty square cake pedestal that I always put a round cake on, so why not a square one!
And I had to put some gas in the car and while I was close to Albertsons, I grabbed my last pan from the sticker promotion.
(Tonight was the state of the union address by our current president. I couldn't even watch it. I don't care for anything about that man and the way he leads our country. And all the responses have become so argumentative and finger pointing.)
(Tonight was the state of the union address by our current president. I couldn't even watch it. I don't care for anything about that man and the way he leads our country. And all the responses have become so argumentative and finger pointing.)




3 comments:
i always get so jealous when we pass out those vouchers! the associates aren't allowed to get those when we make our purchases, but i guess it's not all that bad because we get a nice discount :)
Oh Rachel! I couldn't work there. I would never come home with a paycheck! I would spend it all in the store!!!! The employee asked me what I wanted and I told her 'one of everything, just wrap it up!'. She laughed really hard and said her husband calls it the deficit job! Haha!
Which store do you work at????
i get a paycheck, but then it goes right back to the store so it's like i never had one to begin with! HAHA. I work at the williams-sonoma in temecula! they had to put one over here because we all either had to drive to mission, south coast, or san diego. i LOVE working there!!!
Post a Comment