We are baking today. Sugar cookie dough is chilling and ready to roll out. We made cream cheese brownies, lemon bars, and magic cookie bars this year. Martha had these tips on her show the other day and she presented them in a cute way. Any way, they are good ones to go by, so I thought I would post them.
1--For best results, start with your ingredients at room temperature. (this is true.)
2--Over mixing dough results in tough cookies. (this is also a good one to know. Knock yourself out creaming the butter and sugars, but when you add the dry ingredients mix until just combined.)
3--Make and scoop dough in advance and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or flash freeze on parchment lined cookie sheet and put in freezer bags. (I do this all the time. It is great when you need to make cookies at the last minute for something. Like a school activity or fireside and you find out 30 minutes before...)
4--Instead of buttering your cookie sheets, use parchment paper or non-stick silpat baking mats. (I love parchment paper and would love to have some silpats one day.)
5--To ensure even baking, rotate cookie sheets 1/2 way through the baking time. (If you have a convection oven this kind of takes care of that for you. My top oven is convection and I LOVE it. The builder put it in by accident and we were the only house with one. We were so glad when they told us we could keep it.)
1 comment:
Those silpat baking mats make great gifts, when you don't know what to tell them to get for you.
Glad Nats,Robert and Johnny made it there safely!
Love you!
Linda Lu
Post a Comment