Happy New Year!
We aren't really celebrating today. It doesn't feel like a celebrating day being a Sunday and all. Our new church schedule is the late one this year. No matter which one you rotate to it always takes some adjustments. But dinner was in the oven when we left and it was ready when we got home which made it so nice when we put up the garage door to park and the roast beef aroma was wafting clear out to the garage.
Josh and Meredith and Gidget came over in the evening and Shaun had friends over to play games. Christine made cookies and I got some phone calls to family in. I came upstairs and watched An Affair To Remember. I have never seen that movie and have always wondered about it. It is mentioned in a lot of things and women seem to have affection for it. It was good. I liked it. But a little on the cheesy side. Maybe life should be simpler like that???
All my decorations are still up. I think I'm finally feeling the need to start taking them down. I have really enjoyed them this season, though and haven't been in a hurry to put them away. Guess I'll start a little tomorrow.
Duff did a good job on his talk. RS was especially good. It was the presidency's message and Renee talked about taking time to love and nurture ourselves. We are only capable of meeting the demands placed on us if we are full. Like the oxygen mask on an aircraft: place it on ourselves first and then take care of the other things around you. It was timely for me. Probably for most of us with the holidays just winding up. The last few days I've been feeling inadequate and all my flaws have been glaring at me. I appreciated the inspired lesson.
2 comments:
YOU have flaws!!!!!????? haha! Sounds much like our day - vegged then when we got tired of that, we vegged some more! This season was a challenge - nice to have time to regroup. Haven't seen that movie - will have to investigate!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Cindy, so absolutely AWESOME to hear from you again. Oh, how I have missed you. Hope you and your family are doing well.
I also LOVE that aroma of Roast after Sunday. Sounds like a fun day . . . just being together.
Can't wait to see what this year will bring.
Heather
Post a Comment