
Today I rolled coin. Duff doesn't like to carry coin in his pants pockets so each night he takes it out and puts it in a small plastic container I keep in the closet for it. I turn it in at the bank in the grocery store and then get it in small bills and it is our emergency preparedness money. It adds up quickly. Just thought I'd pass it on as part of Provident Living for the Duffy's! (Don't ever put it through one of those coin machines--they take 10% of it and that adds up over time too!)
- Got all the laundry washed, folded, AND put away!
- Put away the garbage cans.
- Went to Albertson's and picked up the case lots I ordered. They were having a great sale on LOTS of items that lasts until tomorrow, and we NEVER get case lot sales in California! When I asked last Thursday if I could get them in cases, they looked at me like I was loopy. But they did take my order and called to let me know they were in and I could come and pick them up. The freight manager loaded everything up on a cart and wheeled it to the register. He seemed kind of pleased to be doing it. I got a LOT of questions from people and it gave me a chance to explain a little about the church and emergency preparedness. I got: soups, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, pastas, refried beans, pork and beans, dish soap, and mac 'n cheese.
- Clean and purge continues with the spice cupboard today. This is a hot button for me! I am a bit on the 'obsessive' side about my spices. Just ask my family! I keep them on single and double-tierd turntables. They MUST be alphabetized and faced out. To me this is a no-brainer: it makes it very easy to find what you need and put it back in the right place ready to go for the next meal or baking recipe. With so many cooks in the house it's gotten messed up, but now everything is clean and back in it's place! (Besides, the grocery store does it this way, right?)
- My visiting teachers came and gave a great message on the eternal nature of the family. I have the BEST vt's. They have started this new program in our stake where the Laurels visit teach one sister with their mothers. So I have Janis and her daughter, Kristin. They are wonderful and I enjoy our visits. They also were in charge of ALL the food for the reception. They VOLUNTEERED. Now THAT is the Super-Duper-Deluxe version of visiting teaching, don'tcha think?
- Warming up left-overs for dinner tonight, and then FHE.
1 comment:
Kevin and Jodi do the same thing with their change as well except they use it for something they both really want but would not otherwise be able to afford. They were able to pay cash for their 1st four wheeler with the change they collected over the years. I think they are now working towards a hot tub.
Post a Comment