Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Friday, November 14, 2008

For Posterity 7



I was having a bit of a bad day yesterday. I really didn't expect all the fallout over the passing of prop 8 during the election time. So I have had on my mind what this means now and in the future. The economy too. And then being at the cabin last week the larger impact of this issue came out too. It was the leading news stories on even their local channels. It was shocking to me that families were meeting in 'family councils' to decide if they should remain members of the church! And that there is a website now,(which they displayed), with step by step instructions on how to remove your name from the records!

I watched this video and felt completely strengthened! I went to my 'closet', knelt down had a good prayer and a good cry and when I stood, squared my shoulders and moved forward. I felt a DEEP PEACE that only comes from the spirit.

To my posterity now and yet unborn, I want you to know that God is our Father, He lives, prayers are answered,and we are truly here involved in the winding up preparations for Christ to come again. It is very exciting to be a part of this! He is involved in the details.

I have had this song in my mind today: Hymns #260 (see it for all the verses)

Who's on the Lord's side? Who?
Now is the time to show.
We ask it fearlessly:
Who's on the Lord's side? Who?
We wage no common war,
Cope with no common foe.
The enemy's awake;
Who's on the Lord's side? Who?

Let's have this be a theme for us! Who's on the Lord's side? WE ARE! While all the fallout is certainly terrible, the greater tragedy will be to become a casualty of this 'war' we didn't start. This war that started in the pre-mortal life. The day of miracles has not ceased! Stand tall and with a fearless heart.

Dad and I love you all very much!

5 comments:

sharon said...

I ,feel the same way...ditto

Kristin said...

Great documentation, Cindy. Glad you posted it. This will be a great thing for your grandchildren to read about someday.

Erika said...

Wow, Cindy, very profound and chilling comments. Thanks for sharing that. I'm glad you're my friend!

Berta said...

Love the YouTube! I wish our brains could play through (automatically) all the talks we've heard and all the things we've learned that will happen in the "latter-days". When we're 'reminded', how calm our spirits can feel and how we can stand back and watch those things that have been prophesied come to pass. Leaders, families, individuals WILL leave the church - but we know that. But when they turn and begin to point fingers at those who remain (large and spacious building) that will become a little disheartening! I plan on transcribing the words on YouTube and hang them on my fridge where my kids pictures once hung - and hang on for 'dear life' - so-to-speak! This will be a 'ride' like no other. We can do it!

gwen and bob said...

I loved it! Thanks for the video. I feel strongly that the battle has begun. We shall not fear. We know him, we will love him and be honored to serve him!