Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Turn The Clocks B.A.C.K. !

Tonight is the end of Daylight Savings Time. Don't forget to turn all your clocks and watches BACK an hour! I love gaining this hour. I like it getting darker earlier. Families gather back at home, you can smell dinners cooking on the stoves and in the ovens. It is a time to transition to fall and winter things.

(I went and picked up Christine from her sleep over. She and her friends had a good time. It was fun to listen to her excitement of the evening and trick or treating. Early in the afternoon I sat down in the family room with every intention of trying to get my new book finished. I kept sinking lower and lower into the sofa. I fell right to sleep and had a good nap! I NEVER do that during the day! I woke up and it had been an hour and a half. I guess I derserved it after going to bed at 12:30am when Mike and Adrianne left and getting up at 6am for the Prop8 work and then hitting 180 houses during it. You know how it takes you a while to wake up after you've been in a really deep sleep? Well, that's how I was. Just had a hard time getting going again. I would usually be hard on myself about that because there is always something I could be 'doing'. But today the clouds came in and Chris came downstairs wrapped in a blanket (overtired from slumber party)and I decided to play hooky from 'doing' and watched a movie with my daughter and laughed and laughed and quoted all the scenes with her. My hair was a mess, my makeup smeared and I didn't even care! Eventually we decided we should probably get the marketing done, so we mustered up some energy, made a list and headed out with her friend Amanda in tow. She has been spending a good deal of time with us lately. It is a good thing. Got home, put everything away, had some dinner and Christine taught Amanda how to bake some chocolate chip cookies which she promptly pulled hot out of the oven and put it in a bowl with some vanilla ice cream. Amanda had never had one like that before. Pizookie. She loved it!

I've just finished setting all the clocks back an hour and am headed to wash my face and brush my teeth and climb into bed. Duff's back continues to improve everyday. He is almost completely back to normal, but is careful. Oh. Just remembered I need to take out the chicken for dinner tomorrow! We are 3 days until the election. So much is hinging on how we the people vote. I wonder how much our lives might change. I keep thinking about the messages from conference. Strengthen our faith, deepen our spirituality, increase our testimonies, improve our prayers, attend the temple, be emotionally and spiritually prepared.

1 comment:

with love, r said...

Thanks for reminding us!
I've seen Don at Dr. Clay's the last couple days. We always have some goofy remarks for each other. It always helps to turn your pain into a joke!