Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday Journal

The time changing always throws us off for about a week or two until we get used to it. Today was no different. I was wide awake at 6am and kept trying to make myself go back to sleep for another hour but not very successfully. I am by nature not a morning person. Every fall when we 'fall back' with the time, I have this same talk with myself about just going with it and getting up early and maybe, just maybe it might help me turn into more of a morning person! Hahaha!

I got the roast chicken dinner in the oven today before our meetings so we could eat shortly after we got home. It was Fast Sunday today and we had Amanda with us for the day and Duff didn't have any meetings which totally threw me off. It is hard to remember having him around on a Sunday morning. Most of our married life he has served in callings which have early morning meetings and I have my own Sunday morning routine getting myself, the family, and dinnner ready for the day!

Church was good. I want to make sure I post about something that I have never experienced before in my 52 years. At the end of sacrament meeting the Bishop stood at the pulpit and thanked the congregation for all the hard work we've done for the election on Tuesday. And then per direction from Salt Lake to the Stake to the Bishops, he said the closing prayer for the meeting. He asked for the powers from heaven to be upon the people that their hearts may be softened to the whisperings of the spirit for this election. That Prop.8 would be able to be passed. That traditional marriage would be preserved not redefined. That whatever the outcome would be that we would have peace to know that we did our very best and would be blessed for it. It was powerful! The spirit of unity between us in the meeting was strong.

The phone calling started today. Our shift is on Tuesday from 11am-5pm. We will be calling the undecideds during that time and encouraging them to vote in favor of the proposition. Surprisingly, I thought I would feel nervous, but I don't. I feel very peaceful about it.

No comments: