Well, that's not true, because I love them. It is good though that we don't live near a donut store though, so I only have them once in a while. But I had one this morning before we went walking the neighborhoods at the command center in the parking lot. We got to Lowe's and immediately got reassigned to go to Altisima Park and help the ML ward. They were very few in numbers for man power. We got our assignments. Duff navigated the map and drove and Leigh H. and I did the 'running' up to the doors to put on the flyers. We could only put them on the doors of the homes who had already committed to voting Yes on Prop.8 from previous canvassing and door knocking to explain the propostition. So that meant we had to look at each address individually. It took a lot of work. We finally came up with a system, thank goodness! We had two different neighborhoods. One was the most darling 'Leave It To Beaver' neighborhood I've ever seen. Picket fences and gates everywhere. Gorgeous landscaping and the quaintest homes. I had no idea they were in our stake. Then we had a condominium neighborhood. I can tell you just how many stairs it takes to get up to the 2nd floor condos! I climbed them umpteen times!
All in all, we had very favorable responses today. I only had one man walk right over to his garbage can and throw it away.
We had 180 homes to do between the two of us. Half way through I was cursing that donut I ate and every other one I've ever eaten! I got a weeks worth of work out in 3 hours! They've cancelled cleaning the church building today because we are all tuckered out, but we'll be back on the street corners tonight from 4-6.
2 comments:
Check your gmail email account!
Love you, Sarah
Wow! It will be worth every step you take! I pray for all the yeses in the world for Prop 8!
Post a Comment