Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Change of Plans

I did not go home today after all. Grandma is very sick, and Shaun is sick too. Grandpa and I are picking things up and taking care of them. Both are down with bad coughs, colds, but not H1N1. Duff had been sick all week while I was with Natalie and the new baby. It started at home with the Santa Ana winds that triggered his asthma and turned into that darn bronchitis that doesn't go away forever. After the AFA game last Saturday he ended up in the ER in Heber for a breathing treatment and a new round of steroids to try and kick it.

Duff, Christine, Mike, and Josh all left this morning. I will end up flying home sometime midweek. Mike and Josh came up on Friday to see the baby and to go to the BYU--Utah game. It was their turn for a game. That is what Christine wanted for her birthday: to go to that game with her brothers. Mission accomplished.

Grandma is still asleep. She only woke up for about an hour, ate something, and went back down. I think she needs to go to the doctor, but she is fighting that. If she isn't better in the morning, I will insist. They had lunch with Tim on Monday and on Tuesday he was really, really sick. They went back down to Provo to get him some food, medicine, and a thermometer, and do the grandparent thing by making some homemade chicken noodle soup and clean up his apartment. He still isn't better and now Grandma is down with the same thing.

Grandpa and I are holding down the fort!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Give your mommy our love and take good care of her. Hope she gets feeling better quickly. Love you!

bBchronicles said...

Man, that STUFF is wicked! Be careful you guys - get better - BUT, do take your mom to the doc tomorrow if she isn't better - they can give some good 'stuff' of she's got H1N1. It's so contagious!!!!! STAY WELL, get better Sigie and watch your dad!

Kristin said...

Yeah, Julie and I both got the hacky cough thing while she was here and it zaps the life out of you. That, along with my constant bleeding, is really doing a number on me. It will be a miracle if I get my tree up at all this year.