Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Thursday, November 5, 2009

I Can't Help It!

I LOVE Christmas music!
There. It's 'out'. If you didn't know that about me already.
I'd play it all year long, but my family would plot a mutiny.
I acquire one new Christmas CD every year. It is the biggest collection of music I have. I love it all from Andy Williams, to Bing, to James Taylor, to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, to Amy Grant, to Kenny G, to Donny Osmond, to The Ray Conniff Singers, to The Carpenters, to Percy Faith, to the German albums I grew up on from my mama, OH! and so many more!
This year I'm getting 2.
I already got this one by Hillary Weeks. It is beautiful. Some familiar traditionals, and some of her new work. I already have it memorized. I know, I know. But truly, I just can't help it! I've been playing it over and over and over...
Go here to find out more information:
drive on over to Deseret Book and pick one up a.s.a.p.!
You will not be disappointed.

AND! My friend Victoria is feverishly finishing this CD of her original Christmas music. It is her first ever CD. She came with musical talent from heaven and is now finally able to publish/produce this. She writes it all and has some beautiful talented voices of friends who sing it. Many of these songs have graced our church programs over the years. We've all been encouraging her forever to make a CD and here it is!

The title is: It's All About The Baby
and you can go here to find out all the details:
http://www.vixlove.blogspot.com/
and click on the same picture as above for information.
It comes out any day now. She promised it would be done by tomorrow.... You won't be disappointed here either!

Listening to Christmas music just somehow makes me happy! I know some people get all upset at the malls and stores decorating so early, but if it gets people to think about Christmas and it's true meaning I have no problem with it! Decorate for it starting in July! I think we need to listen to more of it. It makes one think about Jesus, and I'm just fine with that!

The world needs more of that these days. Don'tcha think?

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I love Hillary Weeks. I'll have to check that one out, as well as your friend's. They were "taunting" us with Christmas music on the radio this morning on the way to work. I think it might be starting tomorrow. Unfortunately it's the same songs over and over though. I wish they'd throw some other stuff in there too. Julie was playing it yesterday too. I don't feel like it yet...hopefully I will soon. I don't want Christmas coming down on top of me like it did last year. I didn't even finish the tree until about 30 minutes before everyone arrived for Christmas Eve dinner. How sad is that?

Cindy said...

Start it now and get it done before Julie comes for Thanksgiving! And then have a party when you turn on the lights while you're having your pie!!!

Victoria said...

Why thank you, Cindy! You are so sweet:)

Victoria said...

And by the way, I did have it done today! It is off for duplication and will be back in a week and a half to two weeks. Can you believe I made the deadline I set myself? I had to pull two all-nighters in a row.