
I did it.
Please tell me I won't regret it.
I bought an artificial Christmas tree today.
From Costco.
9 feet. Pre-lit.
I've been threatening to do this for several years now, and get talked out of it each time.
But this year, Duff and I discussed it, and I picked it up yesterday.
John Drasso helped me load it in the car.
My kids are going to mutiny.
BUT. I'm tired of falling needles. Having to check the water all the time. Watching it wilt and die, and hoping it will make it to Christmas Eve and still be able to turn on the lights. Oh. And did I mention putting on the lights? It's the thing I don't like to do the most. I'm so grateful Christine took on that job the last few years. (And did a really good job of it.)
I have plenty of pine candles and Scentsy for the smell.
I have to admit: I will miss going on that first Saturday morning of December and picking out our pre-paid for tree from the Tesoro parking lot. Fund raiser for the baseball team. It is exciting and you can feel it in the 'air'.
Please tell me I won't regret it, and my family will come around..... (In their thinking)
7 comments:
YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT! I hate the pine needles too. I hate having to crawl down under it every day to water it. I hate having dry brittle needles strewn out the door as you take it outside after the season is over. I hate putting the lights on it and getting sap on me. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my 9 ft prelit tree that I got at Lowes last year. Will NEVER go back to a real tree! And the scent...nowadays, they've sat in a lake somewhere for 2 months anyway and the smell is gone anyhow. So...be happy and rejoice! If the kids want real trees, most of them are married now anyhow and can buy their own real ones and see how much "fun" it is!!! :)
We still do a real christmas tree, but we go to the mountains and hunt for the tree and cut it down. It never gets dry infact the tree grows new branches every year. You can alway get a real wreath to bring in the wonderful tree scent.
You will LOVE IT! Get some pine scented candles. Pre-lit rocks. You'll find another tradition. This makes Christmas less work and more about what is supposed to be.
We got a new artificial tree last year. I love it. You will be so happy with one. No worries, you can keep it up as long as you want and don't have to worry about leaving town and coming home to find it all fallen over. It will be beautiful especially a 9 footer. I guess if your kids don't come around, no presents huh?
Oh! Leslie. You crack me up! I meant 'they will come around in their thinking'...
HaHa!
We went artificial a few years ago and I LOVE it!!!! It made me a nervous wreck to turn the lights on the tree the closer it got to Christmas, and the mess of taking it out...... pine needles EVERYWHERE!!!!!! We had to even take the tree down on Christmas after opening gifts to leave town.... not fun. and now we go out of town right after Christmas and I can leave it up with no worries. Enjoy going artificial :)
I jumped last year and I'm so glad! you will be too!
Post a Comment